09 August 2010

shoot! I forgot what I wanted to write...

So as an art educator/museum person am I really doing my job when the only people who come to my open-ended informal Q&A talks are family members?  That's been bothering me all weekend.

Just how do I go about reaching the people who need to be reached?  Step 1:  work at a better institution.  I've got a dozen applications floating around in the ether (at least that's how it feels when everything is electronic), and I'm unsure whether I should make follow-up calls.  Rats.

Y-Bridge Festival was all right.  I guess when you've got a funny-shaped bridge that you can partially close off without completely disrupting traffic, you have to stage an arts festival there.  I bought a really cool collage that reminds me of the architecture days.  And now all I want to do is snip up old maps and magazines and make collages of my own.  I did my best impression of a salesman at the booth...just trying to whip up some community support.  And the band did play my favorite karaoke song:  I Want You to Want Me.

I'm slowly digging out of my lack of organization.  The room is almost liveable again.  Now if I could only stop being so uncomfortable about the clothes in my closet (and on my floor), I might actually wake up in a good mood.  I'm just not liking what I've got.

I have to see the movie Eat Pray Love.  HSN would like to think that buying stuff over the telephone is equivalent to traversing the world, but I know they're wrong.  Every time I see the trailer on television I want to get the heck out of Dodge and see something.  Anything.  I really have to wonder at this point...will I ever see the world?  Or did I miss my opportunity, now that my twenties are drawing to a close?  The sisters say they're happy right where they are.  Good for them, but not for me.  Right now I don't even like my closet.

Dad was watching Huckabee last night.  One of the guests was talking about how God saved him from the "demon of murder,"  after he brutally murdered a woman in the 70s.  Now he's free and preaching.  Only one thing comes to mind when I see Huckabee.  Theocracy.  Why is it that the various Protestant sects that emerged out of the Reformation are just as tyrannical and corrupt as the Church they rejected?

Topic for next time, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment