28 July 2010

stuck in the mud

Feeling very sluggish today, although there is loads to do.  Or there are loads to do.  Not sure about the grammar on that one.  I'm hosting the second round of ArTalks at the museum, hoping that we can get some of the missing generations talking about art.  And it would be nice if they ate the snacks I prepare for them.  Plus I've got a clay class going on all this week that I need to keep an eye on.  Can't forget my meager attempts at sewing schoolbags for a church charity either.  Add on top of that cleaning the house because a cousin is coming in for the family reunion and there isn't much time to focus on what really matters:  the thesis and job applications.

Of course, the kitchen can't clean itself, cousin or no cousin.

And my room is a mess.  A very uncharacteristic mess.  Have I lost my powers of organization?  Because I've been touting them to potential employers, and it would be prudent to make sure I can walk the talk I'm talking.

Things I'd like to highlight...hmm...I've been doing my part lately to help the economy.  I got my hair done at the Aveda Institute, getting all pretty and supporting my generation.  I always feel like a goofball there, but then the staff are always nice, and they gush over my hair...I end up feeling pretty.  And it smells good.  The one issue was I estimated an hour and a half to two hours...I was there almost four hours.  Ooops.  That cut into special man time.

I also stumbled across some online sales from Target  and Athleta.  Maybe I'll stop feeling frumpy with some new options.  Seeing as I love layering, though, I'll be frumpy till autumn comes.

There's just so much negativity at work, and it takes a lot of energy to summon smiles for visitors and students.  I wish I could be at a museum with a real connection to the community, one that is really making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment